Sunday, February 25, 2007

Mp3 Music Best Practices

MP3 Music as we know it now has been around since since 1991. Now over 15 years later has become the want of every child, teen & adult. Even my Dad has an MP3 player and spends time every week buying MP3 Music online to add to his player. Yes, he actually pays for it and why not, with all the controversy on freeware you can end up with a virus on your computer and hey, isn't that what we all want.

For me, it started with my son who wanted an iPod and to download iTunes music for it. Well it was expensive to say the least. So I went the route many others have gone. I purchased an MP3 player with half a gig of space for much cheaper. Excited to give this great deal to my son I decided to download music first and being of the same thinking of my father I didn't want to chance getting a virus so I downloaded the iTunes software and purchased about twenty dollars worth of music. Now, I was getting excited, I have great MP3 Music, a cool new MP3 player and some knowledge on file transfers considering I am a webmaster by trade.

To my surprise I kept getting an error and I could not get my new music to play. What I soon discovered was that my MP3 music was mpeg4 encrypted. All my excitement went away in that very moment. What I have now is a tool to listen to music that I have to download from programs that are not safe and have such controversy that I decided to take the MP3 player back.

Here is a great question, why would manufacturers make a music player that would encourage illegal downloads of music? I couldn't figure it out and still can't. Really, now the only other way to get the MP3 music I wanted was to either go bite the bullet and spend the money for and iPod or go buy CD music and convert it to mp3 music. The whole idea was I can buy just the song I wanted and not the whole album.

Well lets face it Apple has this market nailed down hard. You can find players that are compatible with mpeg4 but are just as expensive and after some great research I believe the iPod is the best player around. So my next thought process was as anyone else would think "refurbished iPod". Yes, this is a great idea and I know they are out there. Sure enough they were which made me feel a little better. Honestly, it is not worth spending all my hours trying to download music from other sources and not know what would happen and spend time converting music because I have better things to do with my time.

I am hoping this article about MP3 Music will help you understand best practices of downloading MP3 music so you can enjoy other things in life. Besides if you are like me with kids they don't have much patience for waiting around while we try and get them something so simple.

By: Darren Dunner

Article Directory: http://www.articledashboard.com

Darren Dunner now running: www.mp3-music-blog.com and webmaster since 1999. I decided to start a blog to point people in the right direction.